Norton Rose Fulbright New York office’s next financial services briefing is a webinar only seminar set for Thursday, September 7, 2017, from 12:00 to 1:00 PM EDT. Each month, Norton Rose Fulbright’s senior practitioners will provide interested in-house counsel and professionals with an insightful discussion on current regulatory trends within the financial services sector.
In a few months’ time, the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, commonly called MiFID II, moves from a regulatory change project to a way of regulatory life. Although this is European legislation, firms across the world are seeing its impact in a number of areas. If you have a branch or a subsidiary or clients in Europe, or you trade on a European exchange or with European counterparties, this webinar will help you narrow down the issues that you need to be aware of and what you might expect to see from Europe in the fall.
Topics will include:
- Doing business in Europe
- Implications for US firms: buy-side and sell-side
- Extra-territorial provisions: algorithms and position limits
- Brexit: the added complication
Jonathan Herbst, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, London
Hannah Meakin, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, London
Please register here for the September 7 webinar briefing.
We also will be providing in-person briefings in October, November and December at our New York office:
- October 5 – FinTech developments – initial coin offerings
- November 2 – Securities and derivatives – recent SEC and CFTC enforcement trends
- December 7 – Power and natural gas trading – FERC regulation and investigations update