Here is a short summary of some of the key regulatory milestones in September.
International regulatory bodies – consultations closing
- 3 September 2021: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision consultation on technical amendments on G-SIB assessment methodology review process.
- 6 September 2021: International Organization of Securities Commissions’ consultation on ESG ratings and data products providers.
- 10 September 2021: Basel Committee on Banking Supervision consultation on prudential treatment of crypto-asset exposures.
EU legislation and guidelines entering into force
- 2 September 2021: Five Delegated Regulations supplementing the Benchmarks Regulation come into force.
- 5 September 2021: European Commission delegated act determining the content of the contractual terms on recognition of resolution stay powers.
- 19 September 2021: Delegated Regulation on co-operation and exchange of information under Securitisation Regulation.
- 30 September 2021: European Central Bank recommendation repealing recommendation to banks on dividend distributions comes into effect.
EU consultations closing
- 2 September 2021: ESMA consultation on clearing and derivative trading obligations under EMIR and MiFIR in light of benchmark transition.
- 3 September 2021: Implementing Decision on the equivalence of certain third countries for the purposes of the treatment of exposures in accordance with the CRR.
- 4 September 2021: EBA consultation on draft RTS on crowdfunding.
- 8 September 2021: European Commission consultation on improving transparency and efficiency in secondary markets for non-performing loans.
- 9 September 2021: European Commission consultation on amendments to UCITS Directive on PRIIPs KID exemption.
- 17 September 2021: European Commission consultation on the functioning of the EU securitisation framework.
- 20 September 2021: ESMA public consultations on CCP recovery regime.
- 24 September 2021: EBA consultation on amending RTS on calculation of credit risk adjustments under CRR.
- 24 September 2021: European Commission call for feedback by the Platform on Sustainable Finance on preliminary recommendations for technical screening criteria for the EU taxonomy.
- 28 September 2021: EBA consultation reviewing its guidelines on common procedures and methodologies for the supervisory review and evaluation process.
- 30 September 2021: EBA consultation on technical standards on risk retention requirements under the Securitisation Regulation.
- 30 September 2021: ESMA consultation on EMIR reporting guidelines.
UK legislation and regulatory rules coming into force
- 1 September 2021: FCA authorisations gateway opens for pre-paid funeral plan sector.
- 6 September 2021: FCA opening the application window for the sustainability cohort.
UK consultations closing
- 2 September 2021: HM Treasury call for evidence on review of UK Securitisation Regulation.
- 3 September 2021: HM Treasury consultation on effective operation of Financial Services Compensation Scheme for pre-paid funeral plan providers.
- 7 September 2021: Bank of England discussion paper on new forms of digital money.
- 10 September 2021: FCA consultations on enhancing climate-related disclosures.
- 14 September 2021: FCA consultation on Primary Markets Effectiveness Review.
- 17 September 2021: FCA consultation on proposed changes to decision-making procedure.
- 17 September 2021: FCA third consultation on investment firm prudential regime.
- 23 September 2021: HM Treasury consultation on access to cash.
- 24 September 2021: HM Treasury consultation on Wholesale Markets Review.
- 30 September 2021: PRA, FCA and Bank of England Discussion Paper on diversity and inclusion in the financial sector.
- 30 September 2021: FCA consultation on post-Brexit divergence for PRIIPs Regulation.
UK Regulatory initiatives grid
The current version of the UK regulatory initiatives grid can be found here.