On 28 March 2019, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published updated Q&As on MiFID II and MiFIR investor protection and intermediaries topics. A number of new Q&As have been introduced, together with a number of modified Q&As.
New Q&As introduced by the update address:
- the RTS 27 reporting requirements for market makers and other liquidity providers;
- the suitability report: use of generic statements;
- the level of individualisation of ex-ante information;
- conditions to be met to use costs grids/tables for ex-ante information;
- ex-ante information for the service of portfolio management;
- terminology in relation to information on costs and charges;
- taxes to be included in the ex-ante and ex-post costs and charges information;
- reverse solicitation;
- durable medium; and
- the target market of CoCo-bond funds.