Transparency International UK (TI-UK) has published guidance designed to help businesses to counter small bribes, including facilitation payments. It contains practical advice that regulators, law-makers, prosecuting agencies and professional advisers would find useful. In light of this, it contains:
- ten principles for countering small bribes;
- a section on assessing risk, and a checklist of red flags;
- practical examples and case studies;
- model negotiation steps for resisting demands;
- a self-assessment checklist that is intended to prompt thinking about the areas to be considered in designing and implementing a programme for countering small bribes; and
- information on the US Foreign and Corrupt Practices Act.
View Countering small bribes: principles and good practice guidance for dealing with small bribes including facilitation payments, 26 June 2014