The Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) has published its first Annual Report and Accounts.
The Annual Report includes a section entitled “Looking forward” and notes that the PSR’s aims and priorities are set out in its indicative policy work programme which was published on 1 April 2015. Objectives and priority activities in relation to promoting competition include:
- market review into the supply of indirect access to payment systems;
- market review into the ownership and competitiveness of infrastructure provision;
- code of conduct for indirect access to UK payment systems;
- card payment systems programme of work;
- regulatory directions on access;
- finalise guidance on how the PSR will exercise its concurrent competition powers, and how it will carry out regulatory market reviews; and
- setting up decision making committees (Competition Decisions Committee and Enforcement Decisions Committee).
View PSR publishes annual report and accounts for year ending 31 March 2015, 2 July 2015