The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) has issued a short press release following a meeting of banking supervisors and central bankers in which the post financial crisis reform agenda was discussed.
The press release provides a short update concerning the BCBS’ work regarding:
- dealing with global systemically important banks;
- endorsement of the net stable funding ratio (NSFR);
- revising corporate governance guidance;
- finalising securitisation standards; and
- improving consistency in bank capital ratios.
The press release notes that the BCBS has endorsed the NSFR and that the final standard will be released in the coming weeks and will take effect at the start of 2018.
View Progress on post-crisis reforms: banking supervisors and central bankers meet to discuss, 25 September 2014