The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) has published issue 117 of Ombudsman news. Items of interest include:
- a Q&A with Richard Thompson, Lead Ombudsman on payment protection insurance (PPI) complaints, including mortgage PPI;
- case studies on credit files and credit reference agencies;
- case studies on health and medical insurance complaints;
- Q&As on firms’ consumer leaflets to the change in the FOS’s postal address; and
- Q&A on the FOS’s approach to compensation for distress and inconvenience and what that means for how firms handle complaints.
View Ombudsman news: issue 117, 24 June 2014