The FCA has a key role in ensuring that firms have adequate safeguards to prevent themselves from being used for financial crime, in particular money laundering. That is why the FCA made financial crime one of its strategic priorities in 2015/16, and is making it one of its top seven priorities again in 2016/17.
There have been a number of papers published so far this year on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism (AML / CFT).
From a UK perspective these papers include:
- FCA anti-money laundering annual report 2015/16
- HM Treasury AML / CTF supervision reports
- FCA research into the issue of de-risking
- HM Treasury consultation on the AML supervisory regime
- FCA Business Plan 2016/17
- Government action plan for AML and CTF
From an international and EU perspective the papers include: