On 30 June 2022, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published a letter from its chair to the European Commission setting out the European Supervisory Authority’s prioritisation of its 2022 deliverables. In the letter the ESMA sets out those 2022 deliverables to the Commission which it has deprioritised. These are:
- Annual reports to the Commission on the implementation of the Central Securities Depositories Regulation.
- Annual report on the currently adopted Accepted Market Practices under the Market Abuse Regulation.
- Report on the supervisory measures and penalties under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- Annual review of Regulatory Technical Standard 2 (phase-in regime).
- EMIR Refit report to assess: the consistency of the reporting requirements…. and the feasibility of further simplifying the reporting chains.
- EMIR Refit reports to assess: (b) the impact of Regulation (EU) 2019/834 on the quality and (c) the changes to the reporting framework.
- Report on the efficiency of Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR) reporting.
- Report on SFTR fees.
- Simple, transparent and standardised peer review.