The European Commission (the Commission) has published a speech by Jonathan Hill, European Commissioner for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, on contemplated EU legislative measures aimed at improving growth and increasing jobs.
Amongst other things, such measures include:
- bringing the various legislative files that are still in negotiation, such as the Money Market Funds Regulation, benchmarks Regulation and bank structural reform Regulation, to a swift conclusion;
- adopting legislative proposals by autumn 2015 on an effective resolution regime for non-bank financial institutions, including central counterparties;
- having the European Fund for Strategic Investments, approved last week by finance ministers, operational by summer 2015;
- producing a report under the review of the Capital Requirements Regulation to assess how appropriate the existing rules are in relation to long-term financing; and
- having the proposed Regulation on European Long-Term Investment, adopted last week by the European Parliament, up and running as soon as possible.
View How to restart growth, 17 March 2015