On 3 December 2020, the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) issued a consultation report on market data in the secondary equity markets.
The consultation report describes several issues relating to market data in equity markets and asks for industry views on both the issues and possible solutions. These issues include:
- What market data is necessary to facilitate trading in today’s markets (i.e., what is considered “core” market data for use by market participants, including investors).
- Fair, equitable and timely access to market data.
- Fees for market data and how fees are determined and charged to subscribers.
- The need for and extent of data consolidation.
- How other products or services that relate to accessing market data are provided by trading venues or other regulated data providers (RDPs), and the fees associated with such products and services.
The deadline for comments on the report is 26 February 2021.