Norton Rose Fulbright’s London office is hosting ‘Insurathon 2017’ between 3 and 5 November 2017. The event will focus on innovative technology in the insurance sector and rethinking insurance related processes.
What is happening?
One of the main events of Insurathon 2017 will be a pitch event aimed at novel business concepts in the insurance market, where InsurTech businesses will compete for a prize fund of up to £25,000 of UK legal and regulatory advice from Norton Rose Fulbright. We will also be hosting a 2-day hackathon with an insurance legal services theme.
The Insurathon 2017 is led by our tier 1 directory ranked London corporate and regulatory insurance team, part of our global insurance practice. The event is part of our commitment to maintain our position as a leading law firm in the insurance sector and encourage and assist those innovating in the market.
Friday 3 November will be a start-up and innovative business focused pitch event.
- In the morning session, Norton Rose Fulbright will run a series of 45 minute pro-bono legal and regulatory advice clinics for up to 9 selected businesses. Clinics will be run by legal specialists resourced according to the nature of the advice sought (for example, corporate, regulatory, intellectual property and data protection).
- The afternoon will feature the main pitch event, where InsurTech start-ups will compete for a prize fund of up to £25,000 of UK legal and regulatory advice from Norton Rose Fulbright. A panel of judges comprising industry experts will determine how the prizes are awarded. The judges will have discretion as to how the prize fund is allocated to one or more winner(s).
- The pitch event will be public and there will be a limited number of observer spaces available for investors and other interested individuals from within the insurance industry. Those pitching will be expected to pitch to the panel of judges and observers in public with no confidentiality restrictions.
- Pitch event participants, judges and observers will be invited to join us for networking drinks and the announcement of the winner(s).
Saturday 4 November and Sunday 5 November will be an insurance legal services themed hackathon event.
- The aim of the hackathon will be to develop proof-of-concepts in the insurance space, with a focus on using technology to improve insurance related legal and regulatory services, such as regulatory guidance or reporting or transactional processes.
- Teams comprising Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers, invited insurance professionals and coders from King’s College London will work together on the Saturday to innovate new products and services and put together a business case.
- The proof-of-concepts will be presented to a panel of judges on the Sunday morning and the winners will be announced in the early afternoon.
For further information and details of how to register for this event: Insurathon 2017