The House of Lords Select Committee on Financial Exclusion (the Committee) was set up on 25 May 2016 and its remit is to consider the financial exclusion and access to mainstream financial services. The Committee has published its call for evidence which focuses on the following areas:
- definitions and causes of financial exclusion;
- financial education and capability;
- addressing financial exclusion;
- accessing affordable credit;
- government policy and regulation; and
The deadline for submissions is 14 September 2016.