HM Treasury has published a consultation that seeks views on the leverage ratio framework that the Financial Policy Committee (FPC) has recommended it be granted new powers of direction over. The consultation also seeks comments on the draft legislation granting the FPC these powers.
The consultation is set out follows:
- chapter 2 provides an overview of the FPC and its existing powers;
- chapter 3 explores the rationale for leverage ratio tools;
- chapter 4 sets out the Government’s proposals;
- chapter 5 contains a copy of the draft statutory instrument; and
- chapter 6 sets out a summary of the consultation questions that the Government is seeking views on.
The consultation closes on 28 November 2014.
View HM Treasury consults on FPC leverage ratio framework, 7 November 2014