On 27 November 2020, the FCA published Handbook Notice No.82.
This Handbook Notice describes the changes to the FCA Handbook and other material made by the FCA board under its legislative and other statutory powers on 22 October 2020, 12 November 2020 and 26 November 2020. Where relevant, it also refers to the development stages of that material, enabling readers to look back at developmental documents if they wish.
The Handbook Notice briefly discusses the following instruments:
- Individual Accountability (FCA-Authorised Firms) (COVID-19 and Extension of Deadlines) Instrument 2020.
- Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules Sourcebook (Electronic Reporting Format) Instrument 2020.
- Technical Standards (Electronic Reporting Format) Instrument 2020.
- COVID-19 Consumer Credit Instrument 2020.
- Debt Advice Levy (Additional Sum 2020/2021) Instrument 2020.
- Technical Standards on Strong Customer Authentication and Common and Secure Methods of Communication Instrument 2020.
- Payment Services (Amendment No 2) Instrument 2020.
- Technical Standards on Strong Customer Authentication and Common and Secure Methods of Communication (Amendment of eIDAS Certificate) Instrument 2020.
- Prospectus Regulation Rules (Amendments) Instrument 2020.
The Handbook Notice also provides feedback on the following FCA consultations:
- Consultation Paper 20/16: Debt Advice levy rates for 2020/21 – Additional Funding.
- Consultation Paper 19/27: Quarterly Consultation No.25 (CP19/27).
In Chapter 7 of CP19/27 the FCA explained that in the event of a no-deal exit, Brexit-related amendments to the Payment Services
Regulations 2017 will come into effect. These amendments will require firms in the UK to comply with regulatory technical standards (RTS) for strong customer authentication (SCA) made by the FCA (UK SCA-RTS) instead of the EU SCA-RTS. In Q7.2 of CP19/27 the FCA asked “Do you have any comments on the proposed binding technical standards’ amendments?”. The FCA reports in the Handbook Notice that it received no responses to Q7.2 of CP19/27 in respect of its proposal and is proceeding to revoke after the end of the transition period the EU SCA-RTS and make the SCA-RTS.