On 12 February 2019, the Financial Stability Board (FSB) published its work programme for 2019. The FSB’s work programme is split across five areas:
- addressing new and emerging vulnerabilities in the financial system: including more detailed work on FinTech, cyber resilience and non-bank financial intermediation;
- finalising and operationalising post-crisis reforms: including the development of safer derivatives markets, ending too-big-to-fail, and promoting resilient non-bank financial intermediation;
- implementation of reforms: including the monitoring of the implementation of the G20 reforms;
- evaluating the effects of reforms: ongoing evaluation work is centred around the fifth annual report on implementation and effects of the G20 financial regulatory reforms; and
- reinforcing outreach to stakeholders: including regional consultative groups to allow a range of authorities to exchange views on financial stability issues, alongside better engagement with external stakeholders.
An indicative timeline of FSB publications planned for 2019 is annexed to the work programme.