On 2 November 2022, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) published its latest quarterly complaints data.
In Q2, the FOS received 38,470 new complaints, up from 35,029 new complaints in April- June 2022.
The following are the top five most complained about products.
- 5,945 complaints about current accounts, compared to 5,460 complaints in Q1.
- 3,386 complaints about credit cards, compared to 3,372 complaints in Q1.
- 2,729 complaints about car/motorcycle insurance, compared to 2,524 complaints in Q1.
- 2,149 complaints about hire purchase (motor) compared to 1,751 complaints in Q1.
- 1,678 complaints about personal loans, compared to 1,386 complaints in Q1.
The FOS continues to uphold 34% of complaints in the consumers’ favour.