On 4 August 2021, the FCA updated its webpage ‘Pre-paid funeral plans firms: apply for authorisation’ by adding information in the section “Applications for authorisation”.
The FCA reminds firms that they will need an account on its Connect system to start drafting the application for authorisation. The FCA has also made available the firms that will be needed for the application being the:
- Funeral plan authorisation form.
- Funeral plan authorisation form guidance notes.
- Funeral plan variation of permission form.
- Funeral plan variation of permission form guidance notes.
- Funeral plan supplement form.
- Funeral plan supplement form guidance notes.
The FCA states that the authorisation gateway opens on 1 September 2021. Firms are also reminded to give themselves enough time to demonstrate that they meet the FCA’s Threshold Conditions before FCA regulation starts on 29 July 2022.