On 24 February 2020, the FCA updated its webpage concerning the notification and disclosure of net short positions. The Short Selling Regulation (SSR) introduced a private and public notification regime for investors who hold net short positions in certain financial instruments.
The webpage describes:
- how to register with the FCA in order to submit a short selling notification;
- how to make the short selling notification to the FCA once registered;
- how to correct or delete an incorrect notification to the FCA;
- the thresholds to calculate a net short position;
- the exemptions from the SSR; and
- how to request guidance from the FCA.
The FCA has also published an updated electronic submission system user guide for the SSR.