On 9 November 2020, the FCA issued its response to the HM Treasury announcement of its intention to take equivalence decisions in respect of the EEA states across a number of financial services areas.
The FCA’s response provides further information for firms on those equivalence decisions where the FCA is the lead regulator being:
- EMIR (Article 13) – Intragroup transactions exemption.
- EMIR (Article 2A) – Regulated markets.
- Short Selling Regulation (SSR) (Article 17) – Market making exemption.
- Credit Rating Agencies Regulation (CRAR) (Article 5) – Certification.
- Benchmarks Regulation (BMR) (Article 30).