On 15 November 2018, the FCA published its November regulation round up – providing an update on the latest developments in the financial services sector. In the update, topics raised by the FCA to note include:
- the FCA has published, and is following up on, its Cryptoassets Taskforce report;
- in Q1 2019, the FCA will be holding a follow-up to its Anti-Money Laundering & Financial Crime TechSprint in Abu Dhabi to explore the potential for new technologies to enhance information sharing across jurisdictions;
- details are now available for the FCA’s ‘ask the regulator’ roundtable discussions for mortgage advisers in which they can pose questions and provide feedback directly to a panel of senior FCA representatives;
- motor finance firms are reminded of their obligations under CONC 3, as the FCA has been made aware of a number of poor compliance particular regarding social media posts – examples of issues seen are listed;
- the FCA has published general information for consumers about how they may be impacted by Brexit; and
- as the FCA will become the regulator of trade repositories on Brexit day, the FCA has now published draft forms for applying to register as a trade repository.