On 6 December 2019, the FCA published Consultation Paper 19/33: Quarterly Consultation No. 26 (CP19/33)
In CP19/33 the FCA seeks views from interested stakeholders on proposed miscellaneous changes to the following parts of the FCA Handbook:
- clarification of the rules relating to Financial Services Compensation Scheme claims against appointed representatives and principals (chapter 2);
- changes to the Listing Rules’ requirements, which cross-refer to the Prospectus Regulation, for information to be put on display (chapter 3);
- amendments to the Listing Rules to include a requirement mandating the disclosure of rights attached to the securities (chapter 4);
- minor amendments to the Handbook to reflect changes made by the Financial Guidance and Claims Act (chapter 5);
- changes to the Perimeter Guidance Manual 15.3 on payment accounts (chapter 6);
- changes to regulatory reporting requirements (chapter 7); and
- further Brexit-related changes to Handbook & BTS following the extension of Article 50, which will only come into effect if the UK leaves the EU without an implementation period (chapter 8).
The deadline for comments to the proposals for chapters 3, 7 and 8 is 6 January 2020, and for the remaining chapters the deadline for comments is 6 February 2020.