On 9 April 2021, the FCA updated its webpage ‘Obtaining a data extract from the Financial Services Register’ announcing that a new version of the Register Extract Service (RES) went live that day. The FCA has also published a revised version of the Subscribers’ Handbook for RES.
The Subscribers’ Handbook:
- Provides an overview of the Financial Services Register as the context for the RES.
- Explains the RES as well as the types of information that can be obtained, through what channels, in what format and how frequently.
- Tells readers how they can subscribe to the RES and explains the fees and charges involved.
- Explains the structure and content of the RES files in detail.
- Provides a list of frequently asked questions.