On 22 December 2020, the following FCA Handbook directions were published:
- Direction given by the FCA under regulation 68(2) of the Collective Investment Schemes (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (Regulations). The FCA directs that the operator of a stand-alone scheme that is a recognised scheme by virtue of regulation 62 of the Regulations, the operator of an umbrella scheme of one or more sub-funds that are recognised schemes under that regulation (whether or not relating to those sub-funds) must not apply to be a recognised scheme under section 272 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 until such period as the FCA may specifically direct.
- Direction made by the FCA to firms in the temporary permissions regime not to apply for authorisation or variation until specifically directed to do so. The FCA directs that a person to whom regulation 8 or 11 of the EEA Passport Rights (Amendment, etc, and Transitional Provisions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018 applies must not make an application from 11pm on 31 December 2020 for a Part 4A permission or an application to vary such a permission to add a regulated activity until the FCA specifically directs the firm as to the period during which it may apply.
- Direction under regulation 13 of the Electronic Commerce and Solvency 2 (Amendment, etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019. The FCA directs that a notification under regulation 13 must: (i) be made by submitting the ECD run-off notification form; (ii) be made following any further instruction published in relation to the ECD run-off notification form; (iii) contain the information required by that form; and (iv) be made as soon as practicable after entry into ECD run-off.
The FCA has also published the following Handbook notifications:
- Notification following entry into supervised run-off (Payments).
- Notification following entry into contractual run-off (Payments).
- Notification following entry into supervised run-off (EEA authorised electronic money institutions).
- Notification following entry into contractual run-off (EEA authorised electronic money institutions).
- Notification following entry into contractual run-off (FSMA).
The following FCA forms have been published:
- Benchmark schedule form equivalence.
- Benchmarks administrator notification form.
- CRAs application for certification and notes.
- CRAs application for registration and notes.
- Supervised run-off notification form.
- Contractual run-off notification form.
- Notification form: EEA ECD firms.