On 4 June 2021, the FCA published Quarterly Consultation Paper No. 32 (CP21/16).
In CP21/16 the FCA proposes the following changes to the FCA Handbook:
- Chapter 2 – amendments to the rule in CONC 6.7.4R to enable firms providing credit cards to offer instalment plans to customers without requiring a rule modification.
- Chapter 3 – minor consequential changes to CONC arising from the FCA’s 24 May 2021 update to the statutory information sheets sent to customers in arrears and default under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Chapter 4 – amendment to Mortgage Lenders & Administrators Return reporting instructions due to cessation of LIBOR.
- Chapter 5 – amendments to DEPP and FEES as a result of a new power given in the Financial Services Act 2021 to the FCA to cancel or vary FCA-authorised firms’ Part 4A permissions.
The deadline for comments on CP21/16 is as follows:
- Chapters 3 and 5 by 5 July 2021.
- Chapters 2 and 4 by 2 August 2021.