On 10 June 2022, the FCA published Consultation Paper 22/10 ‘Quarterly Consultation Paper No. 36’ (CP22/10).
In CP22/10 the FCA proposes the following miscellaneous amendments to the FCA Handbook:
- Chapter 2 – minor amendment to the Decision Procedure and Penalties manual to reflect changes to the FCA’s decision-making processes implemented on 26 November 2021.
- Chapter 3 – amendments to the compensation rules relating to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in relation to funeral plans and to the Funeral Plan: Conduct of Business source book.
- Chapter 4 – an update to the annuitant mortality tables in the Conduct of Business source book to provide better annuity income information to consumers.
- Chapter 5 – changes to row 10(f) of the table in Interim Prudential source book for Investment Businesses (IPRU-INV) 5.8.2R to clarify the items to be deducted as illiquid assets.
- Chapter 6 – updates to the FCA’s Investment Firms Prudential Regime reporting forms and accompanying guidance.
The deadline for comments on chapters 2, 4, 5 and 6 is 18 June 2022. The deadline for comments on chapter 3 is 27 June 2022.