The FCA has published its Annual Report and Accounts 2016/17. It shows how the regulator’s work over the last year has met its objectives and delivered against the key priorities set out in the Business Plan 2016/17.
It provides an overview of the significant interventions and pieces of work that the FCA has undertaken in the past year, including:
- the development of the FCA’s Mission;
- new rules in preparation of MiFID II;
- the announcement of a time-limit on payment protection insurance claims;
- publication of the joint report with HM Treasury concerning the Financial Advie Market Review; and
- on-going work to help customers who are in persistent debt due to mortgage payment shortfalls, high-cost credit products and payment arrears for unsecured lending.
Alongside the Annual Report and Accounts the FCA has published:
- Annual Competition Report 2016/17;
- Annual Diversity Report 2016/17;
- Annual Anti-Money Laundering Report 2016/17; and
- Enforcement Annual Performance Account 2016/17.
View Our Annual Report and Accounts 2016/17, 5 July 2017