The final report advises on the application of minimum safeguards (MS) in relation to Articles 13 and 18 of the Taxonomy Regulation. It does so by:
- Embedding MS in existing EU regulation.
- Identifying substantive topics relating to the standards and norms referenced in Article 18 of the Taxonomy Regulation.
- Presenting advice on compliance with MS.
The final report identifies four core topics for which compliance with minimum safeguards should be defined, these are:
- Human rights, including workers’ rights.
- Fair competition.
The platform recommendations relate to the following key themes:
- Proposed changes to Level 1 or 2 legal guidance on Taxonomy reporting, to support both the 2024 review period (within Article 8 of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2021/2178) and the consideration of key usability challenges with the current proposals around sustainable finance disclosures.
- Recommendations for supplementary guidance for the European Commission to user groups.
- Recommendations for supervisory guidance from the European Supervisory Authorities to user groups.
- Proposed recommendations on policy consistency across the sustainable finance framework.
- Proposed recommendations on taxonomy usability.