On 2 March 2022, the European Securities and Markets Authority’s working group on euro risk-free rates published its work programme for 2022/23.
Among other things the working group will focus on:
- Fostering the use of €STR in a diverse range of financial products.
- Assessing the level of implementation and potential impediments to the timely adoption of EURIBOR fallback provisions by EU supervised entities.
- Identifying potential issues related to the impact of LIBOR discontinuation in the EU.
- Coordinating on cross currency issues with similar working groups in other jurisdictions.
- Informing, raising awareness and educating users about interest rates reform in the EU.