On 10 January 2020, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published a list of questions currently under development through its Q&A process. The publication of the list comes in the context of the entry into force of the revised ESMA Regulation including its new provisions applicable to Q&As (new Article 16b), which require ESMA to set up a web-based tool to facilitate the submission of questions and the publication of questions received as well as answers to admissible questions.
The questions on the list are categorised by topic/legislation:
- Worksheet 1: Questions on Corporate Disclosure.
- Worksheet 2: Questions on Credit Rating Agencies.
- Worksheet 3: Questions on Fund Management.
- Worksheet 4: Questions on MiFID II and Investor Protection.
- Worksheet 5: Questions on Market Abuse.
- Worksheet 6: Questions on MiFID II MiFIR and Secondary Markets.
- Worksheet 7: Questions on Benchmarks.
- Worksheet 8: Questions on Short Selling.
- Worksheet 9: Questions on Post Trading.
- Worksheet 10: Questions on Innovation and Products.
- Worksheet 11: Questions on Prospectus.
- Worksheet 12: Questions on Securitisation.
ESMA will update the list every Friday afternoon (when updates are necessary).