The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published updated Q&As on the:
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD); and
- Regulation on European Venture Capital Funds (EuVECA) and the Regulation on European Social Entrepreneurship Funds (EuSEF).
On the Q&A on the AIFMD there are updated answers to the following questions:
- when answering questions 148 and 149 of the consolidated reporting template, should alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs) include repo and reverse repurchase agreements?
- AIFMs shall report the value of collateral and other credit support posted to all counterparties (questions 157 to 159 of the consolidated reporting template). Should AIFMs include collateral passed to a clearing member for transmission to a central counterparty in these questions?
- how should AIFMs calculate the turnover expressed in notional value for derivative instruments (question 127 of the consolidated reporting template)?;
- in which categories should AIFMs allocate sovereign bonds which fall in the categories ‘Non-G10 with 0-1 year/1 year+ term to maturity’ and also in the categories ‘EU bonds with 0-1 year/1 year + term to maturity’?
- should AIFMs include short derivative positions in the calculation of the total value of assets under management?
- should AIFMs include short non-derivative positions for the calculation of the total value of assets under management?
On the Q&A concerning the EuVECA and EuSEF there are updated answers to the following questions:
- can AIFMs above the threshold of Article 3(2)(b) of the AIFMD manage and market EuSEF and EuVECA?
- which provision should apply to AIFMs above the threshold of Article 3(2)(b) of the AIFMD that manage and market EuSEF and EuVECA?
View ESMA publishes updates to Q&As on the AIFMD and the EuSEF and EuVECA Regulations, 11 November 2014