The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published its eighth updated questions and answers paper (Q&A) on the implementation of the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
The purpose of the document is to promote common supervisory approaches and practices in the application of EMIR. The Q&A is a practical convergence tool which is used to promote common supervisory approaches and practices under article 29(2) of the ESMA Regulation.
Questions and answers on the following topics have been updated in the Q&A:
- funds, counterparties;
- status of counterparties covered by the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive;
- authorised or registered alternative investment fund managers;
- calculation of the clearing threshold;
- intragroup transactions;
- public register;
- classification of non-EU central banks;
- segregation and portability;
- organisational requirements;
- risk committee; and
- prudential requirements.
View ESMA publishes 8th updated Q&A on EMIR implementation, 21 May 2014