On 18 May 2020, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), noted the non-renewal of the emergency restrictions on short selling and similar transactions by the following national competent authorities:
- Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA) of Austria;
- Financial Securities and Markets Authority (FSMA) of Belgium;
- Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) of France;
- Hellenic Capital Market Commission (HCMC) of Greece; and
- Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) of Spain.
ESMA also notes the early termination of the emergency restrictions by the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (CONSOB) of Italy, that was due to expire on 18 June 2020.