The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a report containing final draft regulatory technical standards (RTS) relating to data access, and aggregation and comparison of data under European Markets Infrastructure Regulation. The report contains comments received during the consultation period, ESMA’s considerations on those and ESMA’s final proposal, including the legal text of the draft amendment to the technical standards to be submitted to the European Commission.
ESMA proposes the following amendments to the RTS:
- standardised output format of the trade repository data, based on international ISO standards;
- minimum types of queries that need to be available for the authorities;
- standardised and secure data exchange, based on ISO standards, between trade repositories and authorities;
- standardised frequencies for the provision of direct and immediate access to trade repository data; and
- use of secure machine-to-machine connection and of data encryption protocols.
ESMA is also aligning the implementation date of the RTS with the implementation date of the amended reporting rules under article 9 EMIR which were submitted to the Commission on 13 November 2015.