The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has published a web page on the 2014 EU-wide insurance sector stress test. The stress test will be conducted in close co-operation with EU national competent authorities who will be responsible for identifying and contacting prospective participants. In light of this, EIOPA sets out the following timetable for the stress test:
- March 2014 – consultations on the stress test;
- 30 April 2014 – launch of the stress test;
- May 2014 – workshop with industry participants;
- 20 June 2014 – collection and validation of firms’ data by national supervisory authorities;
- 21 July 2014 – centralised validation of all the submissions by EIOPA; and
- November 2014 – disclosure of the results of the stress test analysis.
View Insurance stress test 2014, 20 January 2014