The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has published revised versions to the Luxembourg Protocol (which provides a framework for the co-operation of national supervisors under the Insurance Mediation Directive). In an effort to promote agreement among national supervisors to co-operate and exchange information to ensure the efficient supervision of intermediaries, the following annexes have been amended:
- Annex I: List of Competent Authorities of the Member States of the EU and the EEA regarding the registration and the notification of cross-border activities of intermediaries;
- Annex II-A: Notification form for an intermediary to operate under the freedom of establishment;
- Annex II-B: Notification form for an intermediary to operate under the freedom to provide services;
- Annex III: List of website address of public registers for intermediaries in the various Member States; and
- Annex IV: List of competent bodies for receipt of complaints and out-of-court settlement of complaints.