The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) has published a summary of its third annual conference, which took place on 20 November 2013. The conference covered the following points:
- the future steps that need to be taken towards the implementation of Solvency II;
- the European Commission’s plans to publish the level 2 delegated acts;
- that EIOPA will publicly consult on the level 3 technical standards and guidelines as soon as possible during 2014;
- long-term investments would present future issues and debate though it was recognised by participants that there should be a balance between investments in the real economy and a prudent approach; and
- two other panel sessions focused on challenges and possible strategic directions for life insurers and institutions for occupational pensions provisions, and a pan-European pensions framework.
View EIOPA 3rd annual conference, 11 December 2013