The European Parliament’s Committee on Economic Affairs (ECON) has published a table indicating the state of play of ECON co-decision files at the end of the 7th legislature.
The table lists the files in the following categories according to the stage they have reached:
- early stage of first reading: files include those relating to money market funds, indices used as benchmarks in financial instruments and financial contracts, and structural measures improving the resilience of EU credit institutions;
- mandate adopted to start negotiations at committee stage under old legislature (Rule 73): files include those relating to insurance mediation, European long-term investment funds, payment services, and interchange fees for card-based payment;
- first reading position adopted by plenary without agreement (Rule 63): files include those relating to information accompanying transfers of funds and the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- first reading agreement with the Council of the EU adopted in plenary: files include those relating to the single resolution mechanism and the single resolution fund, key information documents for investment products, payment accounts, UCITS V, and securities settlement in the EU and central securities depositories; and
- blocked or obsolete files: the listed file relates to the proposed Directive amending the Investor Compensation Schemes Directive.
View Categories of codecision files at the end of the legislature on the basis of comments by committees, 10 June 2014