On 30 September 2019, the European Banking Authority (EBA) published its work programme for 2020. The programme is defined under six strategic areas:
- supporting the deployment of the risk reduction package and the implementation of the global standards in the EU;
- providing efficient methodologies and tools for supervisory convergence and stress testing;
- moving towards an integrated EU data hub and a streamlined reporting framework;
- making anti-money laundering a real priority for the EU;
- contributing to the sound development of financial innovation and sustainability; and
- promoting an operational framework for resolution.
- The work programme includes a full list of 37 activities that the EBA intends to involve itself with in the coming year.