On 23 October 2018, the European Banking Authority (EBA) published its work programme for 2019. The Programme is defined by five high level strategic priorities:
- leading the implementation of the Basel III framework;
- understanding the risks and opportunities arising from financial innovation, this includes work in policy areas such as regulatory sandbox regimes, the impact of FinTech business models and the impact of FinTech on anti-money laundering;
- collecting, disseminating and analysing banking data following the finalisation of the data infrastructure and analytical project;
- ensuring a smooth relocation of the EBA office to Paris; and
- supporting credit institutions and resolution authorities in their efforts to progressively build up gone-concern, loss-absorbing and recapitalisation capacity during the shift from bail-out to bail-in.
The work programme includes a full list of 37 activities that the EBA intends to involve itself with in the coming year.