On 30 September 2020, the European Banking Authority (EBA) published its annual work programme for 2021, describing its activities and tasks for the coming year and highlighting key strategic areas of work.
In 2021, the EBA will focus on six strategic areas:
- Supporting the deployment of the risk reduction package and the implementation of effective resolution tools.
- Reviewing and upgrading the EU-wide EBA stress testing framework.
- Becoming an integrated EU data hub by leveraging on the enhanced technical capability for performing flexible and comprehensive analyses.
- Contributing to the sound development of financial innovation and operational resilience in the financial sector.
- Building the infrastructure in the EU to lead, coordinate and monitor anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism supervision.
- Providing the policies for factoring in and managing environmental, social and governance risks.