The European Banking Authority (EBA) has published a consultation paper on draft guidelines on the collection of information related to the internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) and the internal liquidity adequacy assessment process (ILAAP) under the supervisory review and evaluation process (SREP).
In particular, the draft guidelines:
- specify general information about ICAAP and ILAAP frameworks, business model and strategy, as well as governance arrangements;
- specify ICAAP-specific methodological, policy and operational information;
- specify ILAAP-specific methodological, policy and operational information;
- specify management conclusions on ICAAP and ILAAP and quality assurance information; and
- set the criteria for Member State competent authorities to organise the collection of ICAAP and ILAAP information from institutions taking into account the principle of proportionality in relation to the frequency, reference and remittance dates, scope and level of detail of the information collected.
The deadline for comments on the consultation paper is 11 March 2016. The guidelines will be finalised in the first half of 2016 and are expected to apply from 30 June 2016.
View EBA consults on draft Guidelines on ICAAP and ILAAP information collected for SREP purposes, 11 December 2015