The Hedge Fund Standards Board (HFSB) has added a cyber security memo to its Toolbox, which complements the HFSB’s standard-setting activities.
The cyber security memo notes that cyber security has become an increasingly prominent focus of the industry and that regulators are taking a strong interest in understanding and assessing regulated firms’ resilience to cyber attacks. The memo thus provides:
- an overview of existing high-level cyber risk management tools;
- a framework to identify a firm’s key digital assets (“crown jewels”);
- a list of practical “quick win cyber security action items”;
- an overview of “cyber security projects” to enhance a firm’s resilience;
- assistance in the development of an “Incident Response Plan”; and
- an overview of regulatory requirements, guidance and approaches to cyber security.
View HFSB adds cyber security memo to its Toolbox, 17 September 2015