On 16 August 2018, the Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures (CPMI) and the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) published a consultative report, Governance arrangements for critical over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives data elements (other than UTI and UPI).
The CPMI and IOSCO are seeking comment on possible governance arrangements for critical OTC derivatives data elements (CDE) other than the Unique Transaction Identifier (UTB), and the Unique Product Identifier (UPI). CDE are key data elements for reporting OTC derivatives transactions, in addition to the UTI and the UPI.
The consultative report discusses the following:
- key criteria for CDE maintenance and governance;
- the different areas of CDE governance and governance functions;
- a proposed allocation of the governance functions to different bodies, i.e the Maintenance Body, the International Governance Body and Authorities etc;
- governance arrangements for the execution of maintenance functions by a Maintenance Body;
- factors relevant for the identification of the International Governance Body; and
- the CPMI and IOSCOs approach to CDE implementation.
The deadline for comments on the consultation is 27 September 2018.