The FCA has published Consultation Paper 15/28: Quarterly Consultation Paper No. 10 (CP15/28).
In CP15/28 the FCA sets out various miscellaneous amendments to the FCA Handbook. The layout of CP15/28 is as follows:
- chapter 2 – proposes extending the right to turn to the Financial Ombudsman Service and the application of the COBS suitability rules when investment advice or discretionary management services are provided in relation to offshore life insurance bonds. The deadline for comments is 5 November 2015;
- chapter 3 – proposes minor changes across the FCA Handbook completing the implementation of the Mortgage Credit Directive (MCD) to reflect legislative changes and to address minor issues identified in the MCD rules published in Policy Statement 15/9. The deadline for comments is 16 October 2015;
- chapter 4 – proposes changes to the Training and Competence sourcebook list of appropriate qualifications. The deadline for comments is 5 October 2015;
- chapter 5 – the FCA has reviewed the guidance previously published by the FSA on Consumer Redress Schemes (GN10) and proposes to update the guidance and incorporate it into the Consumer Redress Schemes sourcebook. The deadline for comments is 5 November 2015;
- chapter 6 – proposes certain amendments to chapter 16 of the Supervision manual (SUP) in order to improve the data collection process for both firms and the FCA. The deadline for comments is 5 November 2015;
- chapter 7 – proposes amendments to the rules in the Dispute Resolution: Complaints sourcebook to make commencement dates for complaints reporting requirements more consistent and clear, as well as some amendments to make it clearer for firms on how to send written communications to complainants. Minor corrections to the complaints return and guidance is also proposed. The deadline for comments is 5 November 2015;
- chapter 8 – proposes changes to the Glossary, Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules, the General Prudential sourcebook and SUP. The deadline for comments is 5 November 2015. Also changes are proposed to the Prospectus Rules and the Glossary definition of Prospectus RTS Regulation. The deadline for comments is 5 October 2015; and
- chapter 9 – proposes technical changes to provisions in the General Provisions sourcebook to ensure that the FCA’s Handbook is working effectively, notwithstanding the PRA’s ongoing deletion of its Handbook. The deadline for comments is 5October 2015.
View CP15/28: Quarterly Consultation Paper No. 10, 4 September 2015