The FCA has published Consultation Paper 15/19: Quarterly Consultation Paper No.9 (CP15/19).
In CP15/19 the FCA is proposing various miscellaneous amendments to the FCA Handbook:
- chapter 2 – minor amendments to the Listing Rules sourcebook, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules sourcebook, Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons and the Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls sourcebook;
- chapter 3 – minor changes to the FCA Handbook for self-invested personal pension operators;
- chapter 4 – minor amendments to the Mortgages and Home Finance: Conduct of Business sourcebook and the Training and Competence sourcebook;
- chapter 5 – minor amendments to various business standards sourcebooks, specialist sourcebooks and a regulatory process manual in relation to the Consumer Rights Act (CRA). Also minor amendments to the Enforcement Guide and the Unfair Contract Terms Regulatory Guide to reflect the Consumer Rights Act; and
- technical amendments relating to HM Treasury’s small and medium-sized business finance measures.
The proposed amendments to various sourcebooks to take into account the CRA concern the definition of consumer and clarifies the applicability of references to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and insert references to the CRA.
The deadline for comments on chapters 4, 5 and 6 of CP15/19 is 5 July 2015. The deadline for comments on the remaining chapters is 5 August 2015.
View CP15/19: Quarterly Consultation Paper No.9, 5 June 2015