The Council of the EU has published a note setting out its provisional agenda for Council meetings for the second half of 2014.
The note includes the following provisional agenda items for the Economic and Financial Affairs Council (ECOFIN):
- 7 November 2014: approval of a Council implementing act on banks’ ex-ante contribution to the single resolution fund under the single resolution mechanism;
- 7 November 2014: general approach on Insurance Mediation Directive;
- 7 November 2014: general approach on the proposed Directive on payment services in the internal market and exchange of views on the proposed Regulation on multilateral interchange fees for card-based payment transactions;
- 9 December 2014: general approach on the proposed Regulation on Money Market; and
- 9 December 2014: general approach on the proposed Regulation on indices used as benchmarks in financial instruments and financial contracts.