There has been published in the Official Journal of the EU a decision by the Council of the EU concerning the incorporation of certain EU legislative acts into the EEA Agreement. The decision sets out the position to be adopted by the EU within the EEA Joint Committee concerning the incorporation into Annex IX of the EEA Agreement a number of financial services legislative acts including the:
- Regulation establishing the European Securities and Markets Authority;
- Regulation establishing the European Banking Authority;
- Regulation establishing the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority;
- Regulation establishing the European Systemic Risk Board;
- Regulation on short selling and certain aspects of credit default swaps;
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers’ Directive;
- Regulation on over-the-counter derivatives, central counterparties and trade repositories; and
- Regulation on Credit Rating Agencies.
The EEA Joint Committee will need to adopt a decision on the proposed amendments to the EEA Agreement. The EEA Joint Committee comprises of representatives from the European Commission, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
View Council Decision (EU) 2016/1171 of 12 July 2016 on the position to be adopted, on behalf of the European Union, within the EEA Joint Committee concerning amendments to Annex IX (Financial Services) to the EEA Agreement, 19 July 2016