On 15 April 2019, the PRA published its latest Business Plan setting out its strategy, workplan and budget for 2019/20.
The PRA’s strategy for 2019/20 will be delivered through its strategic goals. Such goals include:
- ensuring that firms are adequately capitalised, and have sufficient liquidity, for the risks they are running or planning to take;
- ensuring that operational resilience is established in the prudential framework and through time becomes as embedded in the PRA’s supervisory approach as financial resilience is today;
- ensuring that banks and insurers have credible plans and capabilities in place to enable them to recover from financial stress events; and
- delivering a smooth transition to a sustainable and resilient UK financial regulatory framework following the UK’s exit from the EU.
- For the full detail of the PRA’s workplan against each strategic goal, see pages 6-18 in the Business Plan.