The European Commission (Commission) has published its list of upcoming legislative initiatives it is planning to adopt over the first half of 2023.
Among others, the Commission is planning to adopt the following financial services and payments-related proposals:
- 8 March 2023 – the Commission will publish a bank crisis management and deposit insurance package, which will include review proposals for the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive, the Deposit Guarantee Schemes Directive and the Single Resolution Mechanism Regulation.
- 5 April 2023 – the Commission will publish an investment package, which will focus on the retail investment framework and investor protection issues. The proposal is likely to amend MiFID II.
- 24 May 2023 – the Commission will publish its proposal on a digital euro. At present, discussions among the Member States on the design and application of a digital euro are ongoing.
- 13 June 2023 – the Commission will file a legislative proposal for a Regulation on environmental, social and governance ratings.
- 28 June 2023 – the Commission intends to publish an initiative on data access in financial services. The initiative will entail a legislative proposal on an open finance framework and a review of the revised Payment Services Directive.